Neuroscience continues to make waves in the meetings industry.
Meetings, incentives, and events producer Bishop-McCann partnered with neuroeconomics company Immersion Neuroscience to offer its “Return on Experience” event technology that registers the brain waves of attendees in real time so planners can design event programming that delivers maximum impact.
Bishop-McCann’s Return on Experience software platform consists of an app paired with a small neurosensor worn on a wristband.
The neurologic data is captured passively in real time and sent to the cloud, providing the ability to quickly understand and maximize the impact of an event.
Learn more on this related Meetings Today Podcast episode:
Bishop-McCann said the applications for Return on Experience include:
- Supporting event speakers so they know exactly how their audience will react before delivering a message.
- Obtaining real-time data after presentations to know what the audience was immersed in and will remember.
- Strengthening training initiatives to ensure training is easily recalled and acted on to improve business outcomes.
- Recognizing the best networking locations, the impact of exhibitor spaces and other physical aspects of the event.
- Identifying what each attendee cared about the most, giving more context to post-event surveys and allowing for customized follow-up after an event.
“Immersion Neuroscience offers the first and only software platform and wearable sensor that measures what people really care about in real time, which is extremely valuable in the meetings and events industry,” said Dr. Paul Zak, CEO of Immersion Neuroscience.
“Too often, you plan and execute great events, but you really don’t know how great they are,” he added. “Now, you’re able to objectively and granularly measure the impact of an event in ways that post-meeting surveys cannot.”